Myth # 1. "I pay insurance premiums and if I am involved in an accident, I know my insurance company will take care of me …"
ANSWER : Insurance companies are not your best friends especially if you are involved in an accident, and it's not clear whether you are at fault or not. Remember, insurance companies are not in the business of paying claims, no matter what their advertising says. They are in the business of collecting premiums.
Myth # 2. My friend told me, "no-fault insurance means, it's not my fault"! Is this true? "
ANSWER : No, this is a false statement because no-fault insurance means that your insurance company pays for your damages regardless of who's at fault.
Myth # 3. "I do not need car insurance since I've never had or been involved in a car accident."
ANSWER : Wrong! If you've never been in an accident, you're very lucky. However, remember that an accident occurs every 10 seconds on our roads and highways and if by the unhunction chance you do have an accident you may lose everything. Not only is it required Car insurance is the best protection you can have in the event an automobile accident occurs. In addition, it is required by the State of Texas to have some basic form of auto insurance, and failing to do so carries some fairly strict punishments.
Myth # 4. "Since it was not my fault, I do not need a personal injury attorney even though I was injured."
ANSWER : Wrong! It is important that you talk to an attorney so that he can ensure you are aware of your rights and also not persecuted by someone else's lawyer.
Austin car accident attorneys will help you:
– Evaluate any bodily injury claim to determine the amount of money to which you are entitled;
– Speak with your doctors, obtain your medical records, and billing statements so that we can notify medical care providers as to what to bill;
– Have an investigator interview witnesses, take statements, and photograph the accident scene and your vehicle;
– Resolve complex issues and negotiate an overall settlement; and
– File a lawsuit, if necessary. …