Homeowner's insurance protects you against financial loss if your home or property is damaged by theft, fire, lightning, smoke, or other disasters. Thanks to the internet, you can easily find discount homeowners insurance that meets your needs. Here's how …
Complete Your Information
You can get quotes for discount homeowners insurance by visiting an insurance comparison site. On the site you'll complete a simple questionnaire with information about your home and your insurance needs, including …
* How much coverage you want for your home and for your home's contents. It may be helpful for you to make a detailed inventory of your home's contents to figure out what coverage amounts you need. (You'll also need this inventory if you ever need to make a claim.)
* The deductible you want to apply to your homeowners insurance.
* The square footage of your home and the year it was built.
* The number of miles from your home to the nearest fire station and the number of feet to the nearest hydrant.
* Any discounts for which you might be eligible. For example, many discount homeowners insurance companies give discounts to non-smoking customers, as well as for security features such as deadbolts and smoke detectors.
Get Answers to Your Questions
The best insurance comparison sites will also have a chat feature available. With the chat feature, you can get answers to all your homeowners insurance questions from insurance professionals. (See link below.)
Get Your Discount Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Once you complete the questionnaire, you'll soon receive discount homeowners insurance quotes from multiple A-rated insurance companies.
What if the Quote is too High?
If the quote for your discount homeowners insurance is more than you can afford, follow these tips to try to get it lower:
* Lower your coverage limits and raise your deductibles. Note that your mortgage company probably requires a specific minimum coverage.
* See if you can qualify for more discounts. Perhaps you can install more smoke detectors, burglar alarms, or buy fire extinguishers.
* If your credit is poor, work on improving it.