As a business owner, it is up to you to make sure that your employees are taken care of. Not only are you responsible for their safety at work, but you should also be doing your part to keep them healthy too. Small changes in the company culture can have a surprisingly big impact.
Swap Out Snack Machines
Vending machines are convenient, but the options are usually not the healthiest. Swap out the over salted chips and sugary beverages. Companies have already begun making the switch to healthy vending machines Long Beach CA, so follow their footstep to provide fresher options. Some healthier meals in these vending machines include:
- Wraps and sandwiches
- Fresh fruit
Drinking enough water is an important part of staying healthy. It helps to flush out your system and keep your kidneys clean. Provide reusable water bottles to your employees and encourage them to drink more water.
- Keep the coffee machines, of course; otherwise, get rid of soda machines and sugary drinks to avoid temptation altogether.
- Have a hydration station at your office by installing refilling water fountains. These are handy for employees, and the water is filtered and fresh-tasting.
- Buy some Popsicles and put them in the office freezer. Other than being delicious, frozen Popsicles can help keep you hydrated.
Look into a company exercise program so that everybody has a chance to work out together. It’s worth having a vote to see what kind of activities your employees want to do, but programs offer things like:
- Yoga. The ancient flexibility exercise is the most relaxing workout of them all.
- Step aerobics. Get the blood pumping and move to the music.
- Jogging. Run and keep pace with the group.
Encouraging healthy habits is one way to show your employees that you care. Instill that health is a company value and that you take theirs seriously.